Meet our Owner & Chief Wedding Planner,
Hi there! I'm Risa, your friendly local wedding planner. I'm here to help you have the best wedding day you could ever hope for.
I started this business in 2015 because I LOVE WEDDINGS! Seriously. I love attending them, I love reading about them, I love looking at photos of them, and I love designing them. I also love giving advice and helping people. (That's partially why I went to law school. But it turns out I would much rather give people advice about their wedding than about their merger agreements. Go figure.)
The most rewarding part of being a wedding planner is when my clients tell me at the end of the night, "We couldn't have done this without you!"
Here are a few random bits about me:
- I'm a big tea drinker - I brought back half the tea in England when I visited in 2014
- I love to travel, especially to wine-producing countries (my husband and I spent our honeymoon in Champagne and Burgundy)
- I collect wine and whisky (mostly Scotch, mostly from Islay)
- I read a lot about wine and whisky (Wine Spectator, Wine Enthusiast, Whisky Advocate)
- I'm obsessed with politics and listen to way too many political podcasts (Five Thirty Eight, NPR, Pod Save America, and the L.A. Times California Politics Podcast)
- I'm also a history buff (undergrad degree in medieval British history)
- I'm a huge Star Wars and Harry Potter fan
- I'm obsessed with nail polish and do my own nails every week
- I went to law school at Duke and never attended a basketball game
- I'm originally from Pittsburgh, PA but absolutely love living in California!
Risa James Events is based in Sacramento. We handle events throughout the metropolitan Sacramento area, and in Napa and Sonoma counties. We love working with clients to execute the vision they have for their special event, or help them create a vision from scratch!
It's stressful to host a wedding or other large event. The months leading up to the event are a flurry of details and decision-making. When the big day finally arrives, you really only want to have one job: have fun! That's where we come in. We worry about everything so you don't have to.
In addition to our work in Sacramento, we have planned events in Washington, DC, Los Angeles, Las Vegas, and Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Please see our Vendors page for recommendations and contact information, and our Testimonials page for client reviews. If you want to be a relaxed bride or groom on your wedding day, give us a call or fill out our contact form today!
Your Planning Hood
Inspiring Planner of the Month